Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
About Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
Trenchless Solutions offer this steered technique of horizontal directional drilling for underground pipelines installations, sizes range from 60mmØ to 900mmØ distances up to 700m, this type of equipment uses a small footprint and is launched from the surface with no need for deep excavations and operates through various ground types.
This trenchless method of horizontal directional drilling is ideal for the installation of cables and ducts, water mains, pumped sewer lines, gas lines and oil lines under waterways, roads, railways, existing structures, congested areas, environmentally sensitive areas and any area where other methods are more costly or not feasible.
Horizontal Directional Drilling is a guided trenchless method in which a pilot borehole is drilled along a pre-determined bore path, subsequent hole enlargement follows the path set by the pilot bore, from the surface with minimum disturbance.
- Short, medium and long lengths of pipe can be installed without intermediate pits.
- Pipes are installed straight or curved to steer clear of obstacles and existing services.
- No disruption to road, river or rail traffic and no scarring of the landscape.
- Unaffected by surface obstacles such as buildings, trees, roads, and rivers etc.
- Environmentally-friendly process.
- Specialist sub-contract service.
Please get in touch with your requirements.